viernes, 7 de agosto de 2015

CONTENTS




LEVEL 1




C O N T E N T S












**JUNE  15th to July 20th **








Dear friends,


Try to practice every day.








PRACTICE GRAMMAR

PRACTICE READING AND LISTENIG











Fecha de Inicio: 2020-02-24 Fecha Fin: 2020-06-3


**JUNE  8th **








Dear friends,


Today we can't meet because I must attend a very important work meeting. See you on Wednesday.









WRITING PRACTICE
Before each one of you wrote your own SHORT personal presentation. Now yuo're going to write a more creative personal presentation.


Please folow the model below, write your own Creative Personal Presentation, and make a Powerpoint presentation. Then, email your Powerpoint presentation to me.

CREATIVE PERSONAL PRESENTATION MODEL

PROJECT: MY PERSONAL PRESENTATION
By Yuliana Agudelo


My name is Yuliana Agudelo. I am from Don Matías, but in this moment I am living in La Ceja (Antioquia). I was born on July 25th. All my family and some friends call me “nana” and I love it!

My mother is a dressmaker; her name is Esther. She supports me in all decisions that I make, because she says that the most important thing in life is happiness. My sister, Paula, is a Paramedic. She loves her job because she likes helping people. And I have a bird, its name is Francisco, but we call him “Pacho” most of the time.

I study Political Science at Universidad Nacional campus Medellín. I am studying my fifth semester. After my graduation I want to study a master in law, specifically on international humanitarian law; this is my short-term academic project. 

On weekends, I work in a restaurant as a waitress, with this job I pay my college and my personal things. Now, music and art are very important things in my life. In this moment, I am studying music too, but in an informal way. I play the tiple in a musical format known as "estudiantina" in La Ceja town. I play the guitar too only with my family or friends.

About my hobbies, I like watching drama movies; my favorite movie is Invictus, a movie about Nelson Mandela’s life. I enjoy listening to music a lot and spending time with all my friends. Regarding the things I do not like, I hate bad comments or gossips. I hate inequalities and corruption.

Let me tell you about my personality. I am a patient woman, friendly, sincere and responsible. I consider myself a protective person; I like to lead different projects.

In my future, I see myself with many projects. I see myself studying many other things like Philology, Philosophy and Literature, and of course a study for the soul: Music. I would like to visit Brazil because the culture in that county is very interesting. The most important reason is that the Universidad de Sao Paulo and Universidad Nacional de Colombia have a student exchange agreement so I would like to study a master there and to learn Portuguese too.

Written by Yuliana Agudelo (2014)

Adapted by Alejandra Jiménez Quintero (2016)












Fecha de Inicio: 2020-02-24 Fecha Fin: 2020-06-3


**JUNE 1st **








Dear friends,


Today we’ll meet via Google meet. We'll have a quiz.

Hope you all enjoy it!




Objective:

by completing this activity you should be able to have an idea about your own progress in the language learning process.






I. Reading comprehension

Elizabeth Blackwell was born in England in 1821, and emigrated to New York City when she was ten years old. One day she decided that she wanted "to become a doctor". That was nearly impossible for a woman in the middle of the ninetieth century. After writing many letters seeking admission to the medical schools, she was finally accepted by a doctor in Philadelphia. So determined was she that she taught school and gave music lessons to earn money for her tuition.

​In 1849, after graduation from medical school, she decided to further her education in Paris. She wanted to be a surgeon, but a serious eye infection forced her to abandon the idea. Upon returning to the United States, she found it difficult to start her own practice because she was a woman. By 1857 Elizabeth and her sister, also a doctor along with another female doctor, managed to open a new hospital, first for women and children. Besides being the first female physician and founding her own hospital, she also established the first medical school for women.

Answer the questions on the link below.
(There you will also find the grammar questions)

II. WRITING
Follow the model below and on a Word doc. write about yourself.
Please, email it to me.

About myself:
My name is Cristina. I'm in my twenties. I'm studying Information Science at university and I'm also job-hunting at the moment.

As for my personality, I consider myself as a shy but sociable person. I mean, the first time I meet someone I am not the one who starts a conversation but once the ice is broken I'm very sociable and friendly. Apart from that, my friends say that I have my feet firmly on the ground, that is, I'm a realistic person and I know what my limits are.

As regards to my hobbies, I'm keen on swimming, reading and walking in the countryside. And also, I like going clubbing and partying.



III. LISTENING COMPREHENSION


1. Ordering hamburgers
(Watch the video and answer the questions. Then click on "See how you did" and write your full name. The teacher's code is: alvaro12. Finally click on "Send".)

2. Email to Marcelo
(Watch the video and answer the questions. Then click on "See how you did" and write your full name. The teacher's code is: alvaro12. Finally click on "Send".)

3. What are you doing this weekend?
(Watch the video and answer the questions. Then click on "See how you did" and write your full name. The teacher's code is: alvaro12. Finally click on "Send".)




**MAY 25th **









Dear friends,


Today we’ll meet via Google m



eet. We'll have a quiz.

Hope you all enjoy it!




Objective:

by completing this activity you should be able to have an idea about your own progress in the language learning process.






QUIZ

LISTENING 1(find audio file on your email account)
-listen twice


LISTENING 2 (find audio file on your email account)
-listen twice


LISTENING 3 (find audio file on your email account)
-listen twice

LISTENING 4 (find audio file on your email account)
-listen twice


READING (questions 46, 47, 48, 49,50)

For many years, people believed that the cleverest animals after man were chimpanzees. Now, however, there is proof that dolphins may be even cleverer than these big apes. ​
Although a dolphin lives in the sea it is not a fish. It is a mammal. It is in many ways, therefore, like a human being. ​
Dolphins have a simple language. They are able to talk to one another. It may be possible for man to learn how to talk to dolphins. But this will not be easy because dolphins cannot hear the kind of sounds man can make. If man wants to talk to dolphins, therefore, he will have to make a third language which both he and the dolphins can understand.
​Dolphins are also very friendly towards man. They often follow ships. There are many stories of dolphins guiding ships through difficult and dangerous waters.








**MAY 20th**




Dear friends,


Today we’ll meet via Google meet. We'll practice conversation using questions with do, did, is, was, and were.

Hope you all enjoy it!




Objective:

by completing this activity you should be able to talk fluently using questions with do, did, is, was and were in different common situations.


Questions:

1.Do you like reading books?
Yes, I love reading.

2. What kind of books do you read?
I enjoy reading thrillers and mystery books.

3.Did you cook anything recently?
oh, yes, I did.

4.What did you cook?
I cooked a delicious russian salad. My family 
congratulated me.

5.Did you like what you cook?
Yes, I did. I think is the best I can cook.

6.Are you working during the quarentine?
Yes, I have a lot of  work..actually, it's too much.

7.Are you busy?
Yes, I'm pretty (=very) busy.

8.Is your sister working too?
No, she is on vacation.

9.What is she doing?
It's kind of weird (=strange) because she is on vacation,
but she can't go anywhere.

10. Was she busy last week?
Yes, she was very busy, but now she is ok.

11.Were you sick last week? 
No, I was a little pale, but I suppose I was a bit exhausted.

12.Were you worried last week?

-Yes, actually I was very worried about my little cat (=my kitten), it had diarrhea, but now it's fine.







**MAY 18th**




Dear friends,


Today we’ll meet via Google meet. We'll practice conversation using cardinal and ordinal numbers.

Hope you all enjoy it!






 Objective:

by completing this activity you should be able to talk fluently using borh cardinal and ordinal numbers in different common situations.


Situations:

1. At the restaurant 

2. Taking the bus

3. At the metro ticket booth

4. Taking a taxi

5. At the bank


Expressions:


* keep the change

* how much is it?

* how much are these?

* one way ticket

* round ticket

* bus fare













**MAY 13th**

Dear friends,


Today we’ll meet via Google meet. We'll learn some common verbs, vocabulary related to occupations and how to use ordinal numbers correctly.

Hope you all enjoy it!





 Objective:

by completing this activity you should be able to talk about occupations, use some common verbs and ordinal numbers accurately.
 

1. OCCUPATIONS (salesperson)

2. ORDINAL NUMBERS (1st)

3. COMMON VERBS


https://www.inglesmundial.com/Basico/Leccion4/Vocabulario.html








**MAY 11th**

Dear friends,


Today we’ll meet via Google meet. Then we'll practice listening, pronunciation and  learn to use opposite adjectives correctly.

Hope you all enjoy it!








1. Let's listen

Let someone down = disappoint

2. Opposite adjectives (tall -short)
Pronunciation
Dictation



3. REGULAR VERBS PRONUNCIATION IN SIMPLE PAST (D, T, ID)

/d/

Described: she described her house.

Agreed: we agreed to her plans.

Belonged: the keys belonged there.

Identified: She identified the thief.

Changed: He changed his baby’s diapers.

Traveled: we traveled together.

Welcomed: My aunt welcomed me into her apartment.

Designed: the kids designed this.

Answered: they answered the door, but nobody was there.

Breathed: She breathed heavily.

Continued: the children continued playing.

Improved: the weather conditions improved a lot.

Followed: I followed the instructions and it worked perfectly.

Amused: His jokes amused the whole family.

Played: we played soccer on weekends.

/t/

Helped: She helped us whenever we needed.

Worked: we all worked very hard.

Relaxed: we relaxed after the task was finished.

Washed: We all washed our hands before dinner.

Watched: they watched a scary movie.

Frothed: the dog had rabies because it frothed at its mouth.

Laughed: we laughed at her jokes.

/id/

Recommended: my best friend recommended me this movie.

Persuaded: She persuaded me easily.

Provided: He provided for their needs.

Decided: we decided together.

Needed: they needed some money yesterday.

Started: we started a new project.

Acted: She acted really well.

Created: they created a new App.

Participated: all the students participated in class.














**MAY 6th**

Dear friends,


Today we’ll meet via Google meet. Then we'll practice listening, writing, and pronunciation.

Hope you all enjoy it!





I. LET'S SING
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye!
ttps://es.lyricstraining.com/en/play/the-beatles/hello-goodbye/HkEvrcQWdk


II. PRONUNCIATION PRACTICE

DICTATION 1
https://www.inglesmundial.com/Basico/Leccion7/Dictado.html

DICTATION 2
https://www.inglesmundial.com/Basico/Leccion8/Dictado.html

DICTATION 3

https://www.inglesmundial.com/Basico/Leccion9/Dictado.html

DICTATION 4
https://www.inglesmundial.com/Basico/Leccion10/Dictado.html

DICTATION 5
https://www.inglesmundial.com/Basico/Leccion11/Dictado.html

DICTATION 6
https://www.inglesmundial.com/Basico/Leccion12/Dictado.html

















**MAY 4th**

Dear friends,


Today we’ll meet via Google meet. Then we'll learn how to talk about our last weekend and also how to use the verbs in simple past accurately.

Hope you all enjoy it!






I. LET'S SING
The Beatles - Yellow submarine
https://es.lyricstraining.com/en/play/the-beatles/yellow-submarine/HnMdGuRPvn#b7w




II. IRREGULAR VERBS - SIMPLE PAST 

1. go - went /uent/
2. eat - ate /eit/
3. catch - caught /cout/
4. sleep - slept 
5. give - gave /gueiv/
6. get up - got up /gorap/
7. bring - brought /brot/
8. sell - sold /sould/
9. send - sent
10. think - thought /zot/..la lengua entre los dientes, como en zapato.

III. LISTEN AND WRITE
Last weekend
**Listen and write in the blank spaces
(READ, WATCH, HAVE, GO, VISIT, GET UP, GO, COOK, CLEAN, GET UP, GO, GO)


IV. WRITING AND SPEAKING PRACTICE
Instructions
Write your own 'last weekend' story and then record the audio on the whatsapp group.



V. QUIZ
When you have tine please do the two following quizzes.

1. READING TEST
*Click on this link and take the test
testmoz.com/3132082

2. LISTENING TEST
Victoria's weekend
Watch the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KO-4X0xdY30
Take the test: testmoz.com/3072496




**APRIL 29th**

Dear friends,


Today we’ll meet via Google meet. Then we'll learn vocabulary related to classroom objects and then we'll practice conversation.

Hope you all enjoy it!





1. Clasroom objects
http://www.theenglishminute.com/Videos/Classroom.html

Pencil

Pencil case

Pen  

Marker  

Eraser  rubber

Board  blackborad   whiteboard

Paper 

Book 

Notebook 

Ruler 

Trash can  

Scissors 

Staples

Stapler

Sharpener 

Tape 

Desk 

Table 

Chair 

Computer 

Clock

2. Reading: my classroom
https://en.islcollective.com/english-esl-worksheets/vocabulary/classroom/my-classroom-reading-comprehension/73184

3. Game:
https://www.quia.com/rr/919395.html








**APRIL 27th**


Dear friends,

Today we’ll meet via Google meet. Then we'll learn vocabulary related to body parts, possessive adjectives, classroom objects, and then we'll practice conversation.
Hope you all like it!



1. Body parts
http://www.theenglishminute.com/Videos/Body.html

Head            I have a terrible headache.

Face             My face burns.

Eye               My left eye hurts. 

Nose 

Mouth 

Ear 

Neck            She has a stiff neck.

Back 

Chest 

Stomach     The boy has stomachache. 

Shoulder 

Arm 

Elbow 

Hand 

Finger 

Wrist 

Leg 

Knee 

Ankle  

Foot  Feet 

Toe  Toes

2. Game:
https://www.quia.com/rr/833185.html

3. New words
Possessive adjectives (his, their)
Phrases used to meet people
More new words


https://www.inglesmundial.com/Basico/Leccion1/Vocabulario.html





**APRIL 22nd**


Dear friends,

Today we’ll meet via Google meet. Then we'll practice listening and conversation.
Hope you all like it!




Listening
A day at the office
**Listen and write in the blank spaces
http://www.adelescorner.org/listening/day_at_office/day_at_office.html

Let’s talk

1. Food
*Complete these sentences: 
-My favorite food...
-She loves spicy food..
-On my birthdays I have...(italian food)
2. Desk
-My desk is a ...(mess)

 3. Angry

4. Coffee

5. Café

6. Wet

7. Find

8. Bus

9. Weather

10. Boss


Listening
A lovely day
**Listen and write in the blank spaces
http://www.adelescorner.org/listening/lovely_day/lovely_day.html

Let’s talk

1. Was

2. Drove

3. Went

4. Sat

5. Talked

6. Had








**APRIL 20th**




Dear friends,

Today we’ll be doing a personal interview. We’ll meet via Google meet. So, while you do the exercises suggested on the blog, I’ll be interviewing each one of you, one by one.



A) INTERVIEW


Objective:
by doing the following interview you can practice listening, thinking in English and speaking.

Questions

1.What do you do?
What did you do last Saturday?
What kind of movies do you like?


2. Where do you usually have lunch?
Where does your sister work?
Where did you buy that new shirt?

3. When do you usually get up?
When is your birthday?
When did you start working at the University?

4. How are you?
How old is your cat?
How did you come from Bogota?

5. Who is the author of "Cien años de soledad"?
Who is your best friend?
Who prepared dinner yesterday?

6. Which one do you prefer, a green apple or a red apple?
Which transport does your cousin use, taxi or metro?
Which city is more beautiful, Tunja or Medellin?



Reading

1.Nasreddin and the Pot

One day Nasreddin borrowed a pot from his neighbour Ali. The next day he brought it back with another little pot inside. "That's not mine," said Ali. "Yes, it is," said Nasreddin. "While your pot was staying with me, it had a baby."

Some time later Nasreddin asked Ali to lend him a pot again. Ali agreed, hoping that he would once again receive two pots in return. However, days passed and Nasreddin had still not returned the pot. Finally Ali lost patience and went to demand his property. "I am sorry," said Nasreddin. "I can't give you back your pot, since it has died." "Died!" screamed Ali, "how can a pot die?" "Well," said Nasreddin, "you believed me when I told you that your pot had had a baby."


2.Nasreddin's Visitors


One day a visitor came to Nasreddin's house. "I am your cousin from Konya," he said, "and I have brought you a duck to celebrate the visit." Nasreddin was delighted. He asked his wife to cook the duck, and served the visitor a fine dinner.

The next day another visitor arrived. "I am the friend of the man who brought you the duck," he said. Nasreddin invited him in and gave him a good meal. The next day another visitor arrived, and said he was the friend of the friend of the man who had brought the duck. Again Nasreddin invited him in for a meal. However, he was getting annoyed. Visitors seemed to be using his house as a restaurant.

Then another visitor came, and said he was the friend of the friend of the friend of the man who had brought the duck. Nasreddin invited him to eat dinner with him. His wife brought some soup to the table and the visitor tasted it. "What kind of soup is this?" asked the visitor. "It tastes just like warm water." "Ah!" said Nasreddin, "That is the soup of the soup of the soup of the duck."

Credits:

Story retold by Martin Holmes based on Nasreddin Hodja folktales
Audio version performed by Cam Culham, English Language Centre


B) GRAMMAR, LISTENING AND VOCABULARY EXERCISES

Objective:
by doing the exercises below you can enrich your grammar, vocabulary and listening skill.

1. PLURAL



2. COMPARATIVES

Old = older, young = younger, expensive = more expensive


3. ADVERBS (fast, really, happily)



4. LISTENING: Love it /h Hate it
**Play on Script and Play to listen. Then click on Grammar. Finally, click on Quiz.


5. MANY or MUCH

6. AND or BUT

7. Our favorite restaurant
**Listen and write in the blank spaces
http://www.adelescorner.org/listening/fav_restaurant/fav_restaurant.html

8. A busy day
**Listen and weite in the blank spaces
http://www.adelescorner.org/listening/a_busy_day/a_busy_day.html









**APRIL 15th**



Dear friends,

Today we'll learn English by playing and speaking. We'll meet via Google meet at 5pm. Just click on the link I'll send you to your email. Don't miss it ou!


A) Game

1.Days of the week



B) Let's talk: Mandatory confinement /mendatori confainment/

*Expressions

Thoughts, reflections, lessons about the Quarantine  /kuarentin/


-life comes first

-health comes first

-family comes first

-money is important but is not essential


C) Game




**APRIL 13th**


Quiz: Oral task



Dear friends,

On Monday (April 13th) we'll have an oral task. We'll meet via Google meet at 5pm. Each one of you will make an oral presentation. Each one of you will talk for about 90 seconds.

Topic: how importatnt is water in your life.

Example:

Hi professor, hi friends. I'm going to talk about the importance of water in my everyday life. I have several reaons.

First of all, water plays a very meaningful role in my personal life, for example, I don't drink coffee so I need to drink water from morning to night.

Second, I love cooking and cannot imagine a day without water. If I don't have water it won't be possible to cook food for my family, and they could be in risk.

Third, I exercise and also work very hard so I need to take at least two showers each day, one in the morning and one before I go to sleep. So I cannot live without water.

Finally, water is necessary for washing our clothes. If there is not water for cleaning our clothes, it would be a terrible mess in our homes and also it would negatively affect our everyday life.






**APRIL 6th**


Dear friends,

Today we’re going to meet at 5:00pm via Google meet. When you receive the invitation just click on accept invitation. 

We’ll be playing, practicing listening, dictation and conversation.

Hope you enjoy the activity.


Games
a).Irregular verbs

b).SPELLING

c).GRAMMAR

d).PARTS OF SPEECH (noun, verb, adjective)
https://www.quia.com/rr/336010.html

Listen, pause the video and repeat



Dictation



Conversation between students:

1.How often do you take a shower? – Once a day.

2.How many meals do you have a day? – three meals

3. What do you usually have for breakfast? – Arepa, cheese, eggs and hot chocolate.

4.What’s the first thing you do after you wake up? – drink some orange juice

5.What’s something you don’t like about staying home? – working long hours on the computer.






**APRIL 1st **

Dear friends,

Today we’re going to meet at 5:00pm via Google meet. When you receive the invitation just click on accept invitation.

We’ll be practicing speaking and listening.

Hope you enjoy the activity.


I Speaking practice

Please prepare a short story.
Imagine a situation, for example a nightmare (pesadilla). “The other night I had a terrible nightmare. I was at the beach. It was very sunny and hot. There were many people. My 20 children were swimming. Suddenly a big whale jumped out of the water and ate all my children. Desperate I was crying looking for my children. Suddenly I woke up. I was on the floor sweating…

*Last night I had a terrible dream. I was with my friends visiting a farm. We were having a great time. After lunch it was so hot, we decided to go to the nearby river. I climbed a huge rock. I jumped from the top of the rock. Then I crossed to the other side of the river. Suddenly, I woke up. I felt hot water between my legs. I wet my boxers..."  


II. Listening practice

a) Telephone numbers
 (Watch the video and answer the questions. Then click on "See how you did" and write your full name. The teacher's code is: alvaro12. Finally click on "Send".)


b) A busy day
Listen and type the missing words in the boxes below.




**********************




**March 30th**

Today I'll be inviting you to join in the English class via Google meet. So, you just need to accept the invitation. 

5:00pm-6:00pm
Don't miss it out!


Dear firends, today we're gonna learn vocabulary, grammar, and practice listening and reading as well.

Hope you like it!


1.LISTENING

Listen and type the missing words in the boxes below.


2. VOCABULARY

Type the word you hear


3.LISTENING

Listen and type the missing words in the boxes below.


4. VOCABULARY


5. GRAMMAR
Linking words: And, because, but, so


6. LISTENING
Listen and type the missing words in the boxes below.


7. VOCABULARY

Hangman


8. READING COMPREHENSION

Nasreddin’s visitors

A) Listen to the reading, then check out the meaning of the new words. Finally, answer the questions.

Summarizing the Story

B) Complete the summary by typing the correct words into the gaps.


9. LISTENING

Listen and type the missing words in the boxes below.


10. VOCABULARY

Drag the image to the word


11. LISTENING

Listen and type the missing words in the boxes below.




******************************





**March 25th**




Dear firends, today we're gonna study some vocabulary, grammar, practice reading and listening.

Hope you like it!


I. VOCABULARY
Opposite

II. GRAMMAR
A/an


III. READING COMPREHENSION

Nasreddin the Ferry Man
A) Listen to the reading, then check out the meaning of the new words. Finally, answer the questions.

Summarizing the Story
B) Complete the summary by typing the correct words into the gaps.

IV. Listening game

To play just follow the instructions

V. GRAMMAR
Any/some

VI. VOCABULARY
Opposite



*********




**March 23rd**



READING COMPREHENSION

I. Nasreddin and the Smell of Soup

A) Listen to the reading, then check out the meaning of the new words. Finally, answer the questions.

B) Complete the summary by typing the correct words into the gaps.

II. Listening game
To play just follow the instructions

III. Grammar lesson: Object pronouns

Watch the video and take notes

IV. Listening game

To play just follow the instructions




*******************************************************************

**March 18th**


LISTENING COMPREHENSION PRACTICE

Please watch the videos below, then follow the instructions.



1.ENGLISH PREPOSITIONS

(Watch the video and answer the questions. Then click on "See how you did" and write your full name. The teacher's code is: alvaro12. Finally click on "Send".)

2.MAKING LEMONADE
(Watch the video and answer the questions. Then click on "See how you did" and write your full name. The teacher's code is: alvaro12. Finally click on "Send".)

3.MR. BEAN GOES TO JUDO CLASS
(Watch the video and answer the questions. Then click on "See how you did" and write your full name. The teacher's code is: alvaro12. Finally click on "Send".)


 *****************************************************


MARCH 16th



I. Pronunciation


*Walk /uok/  I walk my dog every day.

*Talk /tok/  She talks on the phone for hours.

*Calm /cam/  Calm down please.

*Palm /pam/ Look at those beautiful palm trees.

*Listen /lisen/  He listens to all kinds of music.

*Fasten /fasen/  Please, fasten your seat belt.

*Muscle /masol/  I have sore muscles.

*Castle /kasol/  The kids built sand castles on the beach.

II. Reading: 
read the text and then answer the questions. You'll find them on the right.


III. Review
(Answer on a Word doc and email it to me: alyehen@gmail.com


REVIEW

Complete the sentences below.
1. I want __________________________      2. I won’t ________________________
3. When did ______________________?            4. Why did ____________________________?
5. How did _______________________?             6. What did ___________________________?
7. Which one did __________________?            8.  Where did _________________________?
9. Write each word from the list below in the corresponding box according to the pronunciation of the letter “U”.
(Business, Bury, Cute, Mud, Pussy, Purse, Tube, Duck, Push, Curly, Huge, Bus, Put, Curl, Mute, Sun, Bull, Human, Under, Bull, Music, Up, Pull, Much, Full)

BUSH
CUT
USER
BURST
BUSY







































*******************************************************************





MARCH 11th 

 I. Pronunciation


1. I want to

I want to learn English well.

She wants to travel all over the world.

2. I won’t  (=will not)

I won’t learn Japanese.

She won’t travel to Leticia. 



II. Reading:

Nasreddin goes shopping


III. Choose the correct option, then answer each question.


1. (did, are, do, is, does) she learning chinese?


2. (did, are, do, is, does) your brother study law?

3. (did, are, do, is, does) he ride bicycle?


4. (did, are, do, is, does) Roberth and Julieth rent the apartment?

5. (did, are, do, is, does) you swim las Staurday?

6. (did, are, do, is, does) they working on the project?

7. (did, are, do, is, does) she your best friend?

8.(did, are, do, is, does) they work on weekends?

9.  (did, are, do, is, does) visit your sister recently?

10. (did, are, do, is, does) she go to the notary?



MARCH 9th 

REVIEW

1. Questions with DID



10.Why did you _______________________?

11.Why was she _______________?

12.Why didn’t you __________________?

13.When did you __________________?

14.When did your brother ___________?

15.How did you _____________?

16. How did it ________________?

17. Which one did she __________________?

18.Which jacket did _________?

19. How much wine did _____________?

20.Where did you ____________________?


2. Pronunciation

a) piece /pis/.    Bit or part of something
b) peace /piis/.    Piriod without war
c) peas /piis/: arveja 
d) piss /pis/  (urinate)
e) Green peace :  environmental NGO
f) Green peas (arveja)


3. wh questions

When:
-when do you usually have lunch? –I usually have lunch at 12:30.
-when did she finish the report? – She finished the report yesterday at around 6PM.

Where:
-where does she go on vacations? 
–She likes going to the beach.

-where did your brother work last year? 
–He worked at ISA.

How:
-How does he come to work?
 –Sometimes by bus, sometimes he gets a lift.

-How did you do in the last test? 
–I did pretty well, thanks. How about you?

-How is your mother? 
–She’s better now. She’s at home.

Why:
-Why are you learning English?
 –Because I need it.

-Why does he wear a tie all the time? 
–Because he works at a bank.

-Why did he congratulate you? 
– He congratulated me because I finished 
the project in time.

What:
-What do you want? 
– I want to learn English well.

-What kind of music do you like? 
– I like all kinds of music.

-What did your boss tell you? 
–She told me to work harder.

Which:
-Which blouse do you prefer, the red one 
or the blue one? 
–I prefer the red one.


-Which is best, watch movies at home 
or at the cinema? – 
At home because you can be more relaxed. 


FMARCH 4th 


REVIEW

Complete each question and write the right answer.

0.Did you...buy a new pair of shoes?
Answer: 
Yes, I did. I bought a pair of black sneakers. 

1.Did she ___________________?

2.Did your father_________________?

3.Did your sister__________________?

4.Did your mother in law_______________?

5.Did your best friend _________________________?

6.What did you ________________________?

7.What did he ____________________________?

8.What did your cat _____________________________?

9.When did they__________________________¡

10.Why did you _______________________?

11.Why was she _______________?

12.Why didn’t you __________________?

13.When did you __________________?

14.When did your brother ___________?

15.How did you _____________?

16. How did it ________________?

17. Which one did she __________________?

18.Which jacket did _________?

19. How much wine did _____________?


20.Where did you ____________________?


March 2nd


1. Dictation

2.pronunciation /i/ sound
a) /AI/
IDEA
IDENTITY
IDEAL
LIGHT

b) /i/
PIN
SIN
SING
SKIN
SWIM
SHIP
PISS

c) /e/
FIRST
SIR
thirst
thirsty
thirty

3. Questions using DID
Did you swim las Saturday?
-Yes, I did. No, I didn’t.
-Yes, I did. I swam for two hours.
-No, I didn’t. I had to study for an exam.
Did your sister buy a new PC?
Yes, she did. –No, she, didn’t.
-Yes, she did. She bought an excellent laptop.
-No, she didn’t. Her husband gave her one 
for her birthday.

4. WH questions  or Information questions


When:
-when do you usually have lunch? –I usually have lunch at 12:30.
-when did she finish the report? – She finished the report yesterday at around 6PM.

Where:
-where does she go on vacations? 
–She likes going to the beach.

-where did your brother work last year? 
–He worked at ISA.

How:
-How does he come to work?
 –Sometimes by bus, sometimes he gets a lift.

-How did you do in the last test? 
–I did pretty well, thanks. How about you?

-How is your mother? 
–She’s better now. She’s at home.

Why:
-Why are you learning English?
 –Because I need it.

-Why does he wear a tie all the time? 
–Because he works at a bank.

-Why did he congratulate you? 
– He congratulated me because I finished 
the project in time.

What:
-What do you want? 
– I want to learn English well.

-What kind of music do you like? 
– I like all kinds of music.

-What did your boss tell you? 
–She told me to work harder.

Which:
-Which blouse do you prefer, the red one 
or the blue one? 
–I prefer the red one.

-Which is best, watch movies at home 
or at the cinema? – 
At home because you can be more relaxed. 


FEB 26th ENGLISH CLASS

1. Dictation

2. Game: adjectives for people

3. Common irregular verbs

4. Pronunciation of  /U/ sound
Put /put/
push /push/
bush /bush/
pussy /pusi/

But/bat/
under /ander/
cut /cat/

Use /ius/
user /iuser/
useful /iusful/
useless /iusles/

Business /bisnes/
busy /bisi/

Bury /beri/
purse /pers/
burst  /berst/

5. Reading: two sisters and the cat



FEBRUARY 24th ENGLISH CLASS

1. MOTIVATION
-building confidence to speak in English
-think in English

2. How to use the blog (formationlevel1.blogspot.com)

3. Speaking task:
I’m going to talk about the things I like and the things I don’t like. The things I like are:
I like listening to music, and also I like trying new foods.
The things I don’t like are:
I don’t like smoking, neither loud music.

3. Reading: A special Christmas present

4. Question practice with do you like…?:
* Do you like going to the gym?
-Yes, I do. –No, I don’t.
* Does she like going to the gym?

-Yes, she does. –No, she doesn’t










1. ALL ABOUT ME


Objective: 
At the end of this unit, you should be able to understand when somebody asks your first name, last name, your country of origin, and age. You should also be able to answer those questions.

Resultado de imagen de family







2. DESCRIPTIVE TEXTS


Objective: 
At the end of this unit, you should be able to clearly distinguish the structure of a descriptive text as well as be able to write a descriptive text.

Resultado de imagen de DESCRIPTIVE TEXTS

TEXT TYPES
GAME: the author's purpose 
THE AUTHOR'S PURPOSE
GAME: the author's purpose 
AUTHOR'S PURPOSE 
THE AUTHOR'S PURPOSE 


DESCRIPTIVE PARAGRAPHS  (5 models)
PLACE DESCRIPTIONS
HOW TO WRITE A DESCRIPTIVE PARAGRAPH 
HAIR DESCRIPTION  (listening)







3. DESCRIBING PLACES


Objective: 
At the end of this unit, you should be able to talk about a specific place as well as describe its main characteristics by using the proper descriptive language.

Resultado de imagen de DESCRIBING PLACES

MY APARTMENT  (listening)

ENGLAND   (listening)
DESCRIBING DETAILS
MY HOUSE  (listening)
THE OLD HOUSE
A CAFE
PULA IN CROATIA

4. DAILY ROUTINE 


Objective: 
At the end of this unit, you should be able to understand when somebody asks you about your daily routine; the kind of activities you do every day.



Resultado de imagen de DAILY ROUTINE


5. JOBS



Objective: 
At the end of this unit, you should be able to talk about jobs, occupations, and careers as well as describe your dream job.


Resultado de imagen de jobs





6. LIKES & DISLIKES

Objective: 
After completing this unit, you should be able to understand when somebody asks you about what you like or dislike and be able to respond.


 

 
Resultado de imagen de likes and dislikes




7. FREE TIME ACTIVITIES


Objective: 
At the end of this unit, you should be able to understand when somebody asks you about the activities you do in your free time.





Resultado de imagen de FREE TIME ACTIVITIES
FREE TIME 4


LEARNING STYLES
Objective:
At the end of this activity you will find out what type of learner you are.
Task:
It is really essential that each one of you thinks and reflects on how you are learning the English language. So, you should determine what kind of practical learning strategies you design in order to learn this language in a more fun and effective way.
Steps:
1. Watch this short video on types of learning styles
2. Decide which type of learner you are (auditory, visual)
3. In a word doc explain the characteristics of this type of learner
4. Design 5 practical learning strategies that can help you learn the language in a more effective way
5. Send the Doc to my email (adjyepes) by May 16th..





GRAMMAR/VOCABULARY
https://www.englishpage.com/

PRONUNCIATION






COURSE ASSESSMENT

Seguimiento 30%
Proyecto 30%
Examen Parcial 20%
Tarea Evaluativa Oral 10%
Implementación del Plan de Trabajo Personal 10%



CRONOGRAMA DE ACTIVIDADES

ACTIVITY
DATE
ORAL TASK
JUNE 11-14
MIDTERM EXAM
JULY  2-5
PROJECT REVIEW (DRAFT-BORRADOR)
JULY 23-26
FINAL WRITTEN TEXT
AUGUST 13-16
PROJECT PRESENTATION 
AUGUST 20-23








16 comentarios:

  1. Talking about my parents, my mother was born in Cali and she grew up in Sincelejo. My father was born in Medellin and he grew up in Sincelejo. They met in that nice city.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. HI :)
    THIS IS MY DAILY ROUTINE
    ON MONDAY, I WAKE UP AT 6:30 AM AND INMEDIATELY I GET UP, TAKE A SHOWER AND PUT ON MY CLOTHES, THEN I COMB AND MAKE UP. I HAVE BREAKFAST, BRUSH MY TEETH, I GET READY TO GO TO TAKE A BUS FOR GO TO UNIVERSITY. IN THE AFTERNOON I GO TO DANCE CLASS, THEN I WILL RETURN HOME, NEXT I DO MY HOMEWORK, READ ACADEMIC TEXTS,WATCH TV, SPEEAK WHIT MY PARENTS AND MY SISTER AND GO TO BED.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Hello!
    My daily routine.
    I get up early at 6:00 am, after I have brakfast, then I take a bath, I get ready and I go out for the university to study.When I finish the class I´ll return home.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. My daily routine
    i am Juan Taborda, i get up around 6:00 Am, i shower me and i wear clothes, then i go to National University to study, i eat breakfast around 9:30 , in afternoon i eat the lunch,at 4:00 PM i return home, organize the kitchen and i make some tasks, then i go to sleep.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. My daily routine!!!

    my daily routine begins at four in the morning, i wake up, i take a shower, i break fast and i go out to study at the nacional university, the classes starts at six the morning and finished at noon, then i do excersice at the gym and then, i finally eat lunch, i return to my house to study and to read books that help me to understand the trouble, then i share time with my family, i eat dinner with them and finally i sleep to begin another day with a lot of energy...!!

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Michael Perez Castrillon19 de agosto de 2015 a las 16:29

    My daily routine
    I am wake up in the morning, more o less at 7:30 am, i check the notifications in mi celphone of whatsapp, Facebook, instagram, etc, then i go to take a shower, i dress, i eat the breakfast, then i go to the universiti to study in the afternoon, when i finish the classes i return to my home, i study a Little more and then i dine, finally i am go to the bedroom.

    ResponderEliminar
  7. My daily routine

    I get up every day, around 8:00 am, i take a shawer, i have breakfast, then i go to the university to study; then i have lonch, and continue studing. After i will return come around 6:30 pm, arrive and i rest, then i hace diner and finally i sleep

    ResponderEliminar
  8. Hi

    My daily routine
    I'm Camila, this is my routine: I get up early every day,around 6:20.
    I go to university. I a'm studing engineering physic. I study in the university until around 4:00pm. When i get home, i study in my house, go eat ice-cream with my cousin, or take naps. i usually have breakfast and lunch in the university.

    ( Ingenieria Fisica se traduce engineering physics, no physics engineering)

    ResponderEliminar
  9. Hello I´m Estefany and this is my daily routine:
    I get up at 6am, after I have a shower and I get ready, then I´ll prepare my breakfast and my lunch, around 8am I go to the University to study, in my free times I usually play the guitar and I go to the library to read, after I´ll return home around 6pm, then I´ll have my dinner and I go to the bed.

    ResponderEliminar
  10. Hi! I am Francini, I would like to you telling my daily rutine. All the week my daily rutine is this, I get up between five o´clock and seven o´clock am. I go to the kitchen and take a cup of coffe. With my mother we prepared the breakfast and lunch together. Then I take a shower and go to University because my classes start around eight o´clock. When end my study day, I go to my house for relaxing and reading for my next day.

    ResponderEliminar
  11. Hi! are you ready for see the best movie of the year? Come back in the large screen "The fantastic four" With the most courageous superheroes. They will make you get up of your chair! You are slow to follow in the adventure? You can not resist to see this movie!

    ResponderEliminar
  12. Santiago Berrio López24 de agosto de 2015 a las 6:54

    Hi , this is my daily routine:
    i get up around 6 o´clock,i take a shower ,then, i have breakfast and immediately go to the university,in the afternoon i search my friends to go the gym,finally i return to home for to sleep.

    ResponderEliminar
  13. Santiago Berrio López24 de agosto de 2015 a las 7:22

    GOOD MORNING!

    ¿do you like your body, fat and ugly or small and weak? No!!!, the world is for the people stronger,in this place you will change it ,THE GYM IS WAITING FOR YOU

    ResponderEliminar
  14. Nickson Solarte Córdoba30 de agosto de 2015 a las 9:28

    Hi, this is my daily routine.

    I get up early every day around 8:00 am, first I take a shower, then I prepare a big breakfast, after I go to the University. I return to my apartment around 4:00 pm, I study a little and finally around 11:00 pm I go to sleep.

    ResponderEliminar
  15. my daily routine
    I get up at 5 o'clock am , I take a shower, I have a breakfast and I dress up, roughly at 6 o'clock I go out of mi home and I take the train, I am arriving to the university a quarter to seven.
    during whole the day I have classes and just gives me time to lunch, also I study english, algebra and calculus,I go to my home, I have dinner and I brush my teeth and after I lie down to sleep

    ResponderEliminar